The Historical and Maritime Museum of Istria (Povijesni i pomorski muzej Istre – Museo storico e navale dell’Istria), is located on Kaštel, the central Pula hilltop, which has been the focal point of Pula’s development since its earliest history. The hilltop is today dominated by a historical venetian fortress from the 17th century.
How to get there:
- from the bus stop in Sv. Ivan’s street, walk along Castropola street
- from the bus stop Giardini, walk along the street Uspon na Kaštel and Castropola street
- go up to the Kaštel fortress from Sergijevaca and Kandlerova street
- take the lift through the Zerostrasse tunnel (Carrarina street, Cvečić’s ascent, Pavle Đakon’s ascent)
Access for persons with mobility difficulties
The entrance is located at the address Carrarina 3a (through the Twin Gates).
Visitors with mobility difficulties can access the fortress via the lift from the Zerostrasse tunnel.
The security guards will be happy to help you.
The Pula Fort Centre does not have its own parking. The nearest public car park is 200 metres away.
Winter (October – April): 9 – 17
Summer (May – September): 9 – 21
Entry fees (Castle, Zerostrasse, Fort center)
Adults: 5,31 EUR (40.00 HRK)
Children: 2,65 EUR (20.00 HRK)
Groups (more than 10 people), students, pensioners: 3,32 EUR (25.00 HRK)
Children up to 5 years, persons with disabilities and members of expert societies: free entry
Organised group visits:
Organised group visits pay a price agreed in advance and are required to give notice via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organised group visits must give advance notice, at least 48 hours before the planned visit.
All payments linked to the organised group visits can be made (exclusively by prior arrangement):
- in cash
- by card (Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Diners...)
- by voucher
- by invoice in advance
- by bank transfer.
The centre can organise expert guides in Croatian, Italian and English, adapted to all ages, subject to prior notice and reservation of a slot, at least 48 hours before the planned visit. Expert guides charge in line with the official price list.
Prior notice can be given, and reservations made in person, via the telephone number +385 (0)52 211566 or via the email address email@example.com
- joint tickets for the Zerostrasse tunnels, Historical and Maritime Museum of Istria and the Pula Fort Centre can be used for a single entry within 12 hours of purchase
- the family ticket is exclusively for parents/carers and their children under 18 years
- dogs are permitted to enter the Zerostrasse tunnels and the fortress exterior when accompanied by their owner; dogs must be on a leash for the entire visit
- photography is permitted without use of a tripod or flash
- use of drones and other unmanned aerial vehicles is forbidden in the fortress space
The fortress is equipped with toilets for visitor use. The fortress is also equipped with toilets adapted for persons with mobility difficulties. You can also find a baby changing mat in these toilets.
The Zerostrasse tunnels do not have toilets.
In the shop you can buy museum publications and souvenirs.
Zerostrasse - underground tunels
At the foot of the hill, under the Kaštel, four entrances with passageways positioned on different sides of the hill lead towards a central space in the middle, where the passageways interconnect...